Hello, all, pardon the lack of a Monday post. We had a bit too much fun over the weekend with St. Patrick’s Day, the Allegaeon/Cattle Decapitation show, and the Crew’s turn at Tractor to brew for the Battle of the Beer Geeks IV.
Anyway, going back through the email archives, I found a message from our friends at the Dukes of Ale, Albuquerque’s largest home-brewing collective. They are currently taking entries for the upcoming Enchanted Brewing Challenge. Not to be confused with Enchanted Circle Brewing in Angel Fire, this is the biggest home-brewing competition in Albuquerque. Here are the most pertinent details for all of you home brewers who might want to jump in on the fun.
- Entry deadline: Friday, April 14
- How to enter: Go to ReggieBeer dot com and sign up. If you do not already have an account, it will show you how to sign up quickly.
- How many can enter: 300 (only 49 have so far)
- Cost: $7.50 per bottle, or $7 for every bottle over five
- Number of beers that can be entered: the minimum is two 12-ounce bottles, but they must be different styles (check the BJCP guidelines)
- Bottle drop-off sites: Southwest Grape and Grain, Victor’s Grape Arbor, Broken Trail Brewery and Distillery, Rowley Farmhouse Ales (for Santa Fe participants)
- Judging dates: April 21-23
- Awards ceremony: April 29
- Deadline for applying as a judge or steward: also April 14
- More questions?: email Jeff Jantz (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Shannon Dyke (email@example.com)
Yes, ideally we should have shared this sooner. If you can whip up a brew in time, get started. Otherwise, if you have some bottles of home brew sitting around that you would like to enter, just make sure to strip off the old labels, and follow the instructions and get them entered.
They do need judges and stewards, so if you are free during one or more of those judging dates listed above, please sign up.