We have the updated local beer lists for Sunday’s ABQ Blues & Brews festival at Sandia Resort & Casino. Early admission (we seriously recommend you pay extra for it) gets you in at 2 p.m. Otherwise, join the masses at 3 p.m. The event runs until 6 p.m. Purchase your tickets online or at either Tractor location.
Anyway, here are the lists. Last-minute changes could always happen, but several breweries assured us these are correct.
- Abbey: Monks Ale, Monks Dark, Monks Wit
- Canteen: Social Capital (with pineapple, coconut, orange peel), Exodus IPA, High Plains Pils, Boysenberry Wheat
- Cazuela’s: Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Idaho SMASH IPA, Beer For My Horses
- Desert Valley: Double Wheat, Honey IPA
- Dialogue: Belgian Citrus IPA, Sour Raspberry, Berliner Weisse, Gose
- Drafty Kilt: Groundskeeper Willie, Wee Beastie, Campbell Toe IPA, Obliviscaris Stout
- Enchanted Circle: Glory Hole IPA, Graveyard Stout, Plum Sour, Red River Red Ale, Helles Lager
- Flix Brewhouse: Luna Rosa Wit, Golden Ale, Lupulus IPA, Umbra Chocostout, Baby You’re Much Too Fast (Irish Red), Flora Colossus (DIPA)
- Isotopes: Slammin Amber, Triple-A Blonde
- Kellys: Amber, IPA, Peach
- Lava Rock: Java Stout, Irish Red, Wheat IPA
- Marble: Double White, Red, Golden Strong, Mosaic IPA, Gin Blossom Ashlar, Blackberry Gose, All Barke, Nein Bitter
- Nuevo: Cerveza
- Pecan Grill: Pecan Beer, Hon N’ Wheat
- Ponderosa: Crosscut Kolsch, 200th Baltic Porter, Spanglish, Hop Burst Ale
- Quarter Celtic: Common Irish Conversation, Mangose, Pedro O’Flanagan’s, Crimson Lass
- Red Door: Trapdoor Wheat, Vanilla Cream, Blackberry Hefeweizen, Open Saison, Rye Steam, Roamer Red, Threshold IPA, Draft Session IPA
- Rio Bravo: Pinon Coffee Porter, Road Kill Red, La Luz Lager, Snakebite IPA
- Santa Fe: Happy Camper IPA, Western Bloc IPA, Freestyle Pilsner
- Sierra Blanca/Rio Grande: Pancho Verde, Bone Chiller Brown, Cherry Wheat, Alien IPA
- Tractor: Berry Cider, NM Lager, Berliner Weisse, Big Sipper, Flanders Red
We have not yet made it up to Enchanted Circle in Angel Fire, so we will have to check them out. Lava Rock is making its debut here before the brewery opens on Unser north of Ladera. Beers debuting at the fest include Common Irish Conversation, a collaboration between Quarter Celtic and Dialogue, as well as the Ponderosa Hop Burst Ale and the Quarter Celtic Mangose.
In addition to the locals, there are some nationally distributed breweries who are bringing some beers worth checking out. At least in our humble opinion. Visit their booths to see if you can find a better one.
- 38 State Brewing: Mile 419.99 Rye Pale Ale (new brewery to the fest, so might want to try all their offerings)
- Avery Brewing: Anniversary Ale
- Boston Beer (Samuel Adams): Golden Hour (Helles Lager)
- Bridgeport: Mosaic Hopped Cream Ale
- Dogfish Head: Burton Baton
- Firestone Walker: Luponic Distortion IPA
- Great Divide: Yeti Imperial Stout
- Mother Road: Tower Station IPA
- Upslope: Citra Pale Ale
The Crew will see you at the fest!