A quick glance at the calendar on your phone (or your wall, if you are old fashioned) shows that this Sunday is the Fourth of July, that annual holiday where grilling is a must and making things go boom tends to happen, even amidst a terrible drought (be extra careful this year, please).
As with many holidays, breweries are either shortening their hours or closing so that their employees can go enjoy the festivities. First up, however, we wanted to point out that with everything back open again, High and Dry is bringing back its Wiener Sling from noon to 5.
What the heck is a wiener sling? It’s where co-owner/head brewer Andrew Kalemba is grilling up free hot dogs for customers. There will also be games, contests, and prizes, including a cornhole tournament (as of Thursday, six spots remained for two-person teams, so message the brewery via Facebook to claim a spot if there’s one left).
Since most parties won’t start until after 5, go ahead and grab a free lunch, enjoy a pint of beer, and have a little fun with your fellow beer lovers. Just be very careful about not consuming too much beer, as we all know that police will be out in force, and too much alcohol and fireworks are a dangerous combination.
So what about the other breweries with altered hours for Sunday? Here is what we have so far. We will keep updating this as more breweries’ info arrives.
- Ale Republic: closing at 8 p.m.
- Bosque Brewing: all locations (ABQ, Bernalillo, Las Cruces, Santa Fe) close at 6 p.m.
- Bow & Arrow Brewing: open normal hours, 1 to 9 p.m.
- Brew Lab 101: open normal hours, noon to 8 p.m.
- B2B Garden Brewery: closed Sunday and Monday
- Canteen Brewhouse: both locations close at 5 p.m.
- Ex Novo Brewing: open from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Gravity Bound Brewing: open from noon to 5 p.m.
- Harmon Lane Brewing at Southwest Grape and Grain: closed
- High and Dry: hours listed above, also closed on Monday
- Hops Brewery: open normal hours, noon to 5 p.m.
- Kaktus Brewing: closed
- La Reforma Brewery: closed
- Marble Brewery: all locations open 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., last call at 7:30
- Nexus Brewing: both locations close at 4 p.m.
- Quarter Celtic Brewpub: both locations close at 6 p.m.
- Red Door Brewing: Downtown taproom closed (Clovis is always closed on Sundays)
- Sidetrack: open noon to 5 p.m.
- Sobremesa: open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Starr Brothers: open noon to 6 p.m.
- Steel Bender Brewyard: closed
- The 377 Brewery: both locations closed Sunday and Monday
- Tractor Brewing: Wells Park and Los Lunas open noon to 6 p.m., Nob Hill open noon to 8 p.m., Westside open 1 to 7 p.m.
- Turtle Mountain Brewing: closed
- Chile Line Brewing: open normal hours, 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
- Hidden Mountain Brewing: open normal hours, 11:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
If anyone out there knows of a brewery with shortened hours or that is closed on Sunday, please send us an update via social media or to email@example.com.
Stay safe and have some fun out there this weekend, New Mexico!