All right, this is one of those posts where you can react one of two ways:
- Be excited, because you bought a ticket
- Be seriously bummed, because you did not and the event is sold out
If you fall under No. 2 there, you might want to just move on with your internet browsing. Unless you want to kick yourself for not getting a ticket to WinterBrew, the annual awesome NM Brewers Guild event, which takes place this Friday at the Santa Fe Farmers Market from 5 to 8:30 p.m. Yes, the event is sold out, as it is every year. Only so many folks can fit inside the space, and few of us ever leave (unless a certain emeritus Brew Crew member decides to hold his wedding the same weekend, which happened to us last year) until the night is done.
There will be food on site (you will need it), the Rail Runner does drop you off right there (though not until a little after 6 p.m.), and if you are heading up and want to spend the night, there is a discount at the Sage Inn & Suites (call 505-982-5952 and mention WinterBrew to get said discount).
Truth is, if you are going, you probably know all of these things. What you probably do not know is what beers will be poured. As usual, we asked around, and while not everyone answered us (yet), what lists we received were fairly impressive.
- Abbey: Monks’ Ale, Monks’ Dubbel, Monks’ Tripel, Monks’ Dark, Monks’ Golden Ale
- Bathtub Row: Holiday Bock, The Tripel Lindy, Spearmint Stout, Honey DIPA
- UPDATED >>> Bosque: Tone it Down Pale Ale, Jet Black Russian Imperial Stout, Vienna Amber, Lager, Elephants on Parade, IPA, Brewers Boot, Scotia, Barrel-Aged Imperial Coffee Brown, Barrel-Aged Red Lightning
- Bow & Arrow: Storm & Hearth (Vanilla Bean Stout), Crossed Arrows (Scotch), Sun Dagger (Saison), Land of Manana (Farmhouse) IPA
- Boxing Bear: Chocolate Milk Stout, The Red Glove, Ambear, Uppercut IPA, AppleBear Cider
- La Cumbre: Elevated IPA, Project Dank, Red Ryeot, Malpais Stout, Cafe Con Leche
- Milton’s: TBA
- Rio Bravo: Level 3 IPA, Belgian Strong (Golden), NM Pinon Coffee Porter, Roadkill Red, Barrel-Aged Old Town Porter, Cereza Loca Cherry Sour
- Sidetrack: TBA
- Three Rivers: Cerberus (BA Imperial Stout/11.8% ABV), Truffle Butter (Imperial Stout w/ peanut butter/10% ABV), Brass Monkey, Framboise de Trois-Rivieres (Sour Blonde/4.7% ABV), IPAC Nugs (7.2% ABV)
- Tractor: Luna de los Muertos, Barley Wine, Cranberry Ginger Cider, Cerveza New Mexican Lager, Almanac IPA
- Turtle Mountain: Depravity, El Toro Rojo, Encierro (maybe), Hopshell IPA (maybe)
- Blue Corn: Apparition Pale Coffee Ale, Russian Imperial Stout, Roadrunner IPA, Captain Omar’s Boat Beer
- Chili Line: TBA
- UPDATED >>> Duel: Monomyth (DIPA), Manikin (Scottish), Fantin (Pale Ale), Bad Amber, Turncoat (Sour Winter Brown), Winter Saison (blended casks), and maybe Goya (Cask-aged Imperial Stout)
- Rowley: Greyscale all night; 5 p.m. release — Homeslice (Brett IPA), 6 p.m. — Haole Kook (Pineapple Berliner Weisse), 7 p.m. — The Darkest Season (Dark Winter Saison), 8 p.m. — Sin Barreras with Mostra coffee, cinnamon, and maple
- Santa Fe: Snowflake IPA, Dysphotic Stout, Adobe Igloo, Vanilla Hazelnut Porter (small keg)
- Second Street: Cereza Negra Nitro (Tart Cherry Stout), 2920 IPA, Brown Ale, Fulcrum IPA, Rod’s Steam Bitter, Anniversary Ale
As more lists come in, we will share them, right up until Brandon and I hop on the train. See many of you up there. For those who missed out this year, no excuses, you better get those tickets early next time around!