Pucker up, sour lovers, Tart at Heart is returning for its third edition on Saturday, April 15. To whet your collective appetites, we figured why not share the beer list. Of course, more beers will be added, but fear not, we will have an even more in-depth preview in the days before everyone gathers at Sister.
Before the beers, we should also note that the event’s Facebook page just announced that all VIP tickets are sold out online. Kelly Liquors on Juan Tabo (505-292-4520) and Sister (505-242-4900) may have a few hard copies left, but please, call in advance before you head over and end up sad. General admission tickets are still available for $35 apiece.
The good news about this event is that it will attract even more local breweries than before. Also, should you not be the biggest fan of sour or overly funky beers, there will be quite the variety of specialties available.
The list of beers to date:
- Canteen (2): Social Capital with cherries aged on French oak; Social Capital with orange peel, coriander, and vanilla
- Cascade: Sang Royal (malt beverage with cherries aged on oak)
- Chama River: Cream Anejo (tequila barrel-aged cream ale)
- Duel: Suor Nelli (barrel-aged sour Scottish ale)
- Enchanted Circle: Plum Sour
- La Cumbre: Ryeot on Rye (strong red ale aged in rye whiskey barrels)
- New Belgium: Apple Felix (wild ale aged in apple brandy barrels)
- Santa Fe (2): Berliner Weisse; Berliner Weisse with cherries
- Sierra Nevada: Barrel-aged Biere de Garde
The remaining breweries set to participate includes locals Dialogue, Marble, Rowley Farmhouse Ales, and Turtle Mountain, plus the big boys — Firestone Walker, Founders, and Stone.
Stay tuned for more beers and additional details. Go get those tickets sooner than later, though!