It’s a rare thing when I, your Los Alamos-based correspondent, get to write about a local festival! Some of you may have heard about the Brew Crew’s own annual Stout Challenge (which I have yet to attend, sadly), and as fine as that event was, this one may be even finer. The Bathtub Row Brewing Co-Op is hosting its Second Annual Stout Invitational this Saturday, with 15 New Mexico breweries bringing their finest stouts:
- Bathtub Row Brewing Co-op
- Blue Corn Brewery: Gold Medal Oatmeal Stout
- Bosque Brewing
- Boxing Bear Brewing: Chocolate Milk Stout
- Chama River Brewing
- Kaktus Brewing: Slow Loris Imperial Stout
- Kellys Brew Pub
- La Cumbre Brewing: Molinillo Stout on nitro
- Red Door Brewing
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales
- Santa Fe Brewing
- Sidetrack Brewing: Stoker Stout
- Starr Brothers Brewing: Foggy Monocle (oatmeal stout)
- Taos Mesa Brewing
- Tractor Brewing Company: Cowgirl Coffee Stout
Note that Starr Brothers’ entry was the winner of the Brew Crew Stout Challenge. Let’s see if they can make it two for two. We will keep updating this list as more stouts are announced.
For $25, you get a commemorative glass, a sample of all 15 beers, and a full pint of your favorite. The day will be broken into three separate sessions, each lasting an hour and a half. They’ll start at noon, 2 p.m., and 4 p.m. Tickets for a session can be purchased at the ‘Tub, or you can purchase them online at nmbeer.org. The 4 p.m. session is already sold out, so act fast.
As soon as we have the identities of the competing stouts, we will update this post.