With Christmas Eve and Day almost upon us, we thought it would be a good idea to put together a guide to all the altered closing and opening times.
This year did provide a surprise as there will be four breweries (and counting) open on Christmas Day. Gravity Bound will be open from noon to 8 p.m., JUNO will be open from 6 to 10 p.m., and Differential will be open from 7 p.m. to midnight on Saturday. Outside of the Albuquerque metro area, Red River Brewing will be open from 3 to 10 p.m., serving up a Christmas dinner for $25. Usually everyone is closed on the 25th, but it is nice to know that if you absolutely, positively gotta escape your relatives, there are a few options.
While so far no one has reported altered hours for Sunday, there are plenty of places closing down on Christmas Eve, or at least shortening their hours. See any we have missed? Please contact us ASAP so we can update this list.
- Boese Brothers: TBA
- Bombs Away: closing at 5 p.m.
- Bosque, all locations: closing at 8 p.m. (kitchens will close at 7:30)
- Bow & Arrow: closed
- Bow & Arrow Rambler Taproom (Farmington): closing at 5 p.m.
- Boxing Bear, all locations: closing at 8 p.m.
- Brew Lab 101: closing at 8 p.m.
- B2B Garden Brewery: closing at 7 p.m., also closed on Sunday
- Canteen, both locations: closing at 4 p.m.
- Casa Vieja: closed
- Differential: closing at 2 p.m.
- Enchanted Circle in the 505: closing at 4 p.m.
- Ex Novo: closing at 6 p.m.
- Gravity Bound: closing at 7 p.m.
- Harmon Lane/Southwest Grape and Grain: closing at 4 p.m.
- High and Dry: closed
- Hops: closed Friday through January 4
- JUNO: closing at 10 p.m., open Saturday from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Kaktus: closed until January 10 (new brewing equipment installation)
- Kilt Check: TBA
- La Cumbre: closing at 6 p.m.
- La Reforma: closing at 5 p.m.
- Late Shift at The Craftroom: closing at 5 p.m.
- Lava Rock: TBA
- Lizard Tail, all locations: closed
- Marble, all locations: closing at 8 p.m.
- Moonwalk Bev at 505 Central: closing at 3 p.m.
- Nexus: closing at 4 p.m.
- Nexus Blue Smokehouse: open noon to 3 p.m. for turkey pickup only
- Palmer: closed, while The Taproom at Old Town will be closing at 8 p.m.
- Ponderosa: closing at 5 p.m.
- Quarter Celtic, both locations: closing at 4 p.m.
- Red Door Downtown: open from 4 p.m. until 1 a.m.
- Red Door Clovis: closing at 5 p.m., and also closed on Sunday
- ReSource: closing at 7 p.m.
- Rio Bravo: closing at 7 p.m.
- Rumor: closing at 4:30 p.m.
- Sidetrack: closing at 4 p.m.
- Sobremesa: closing at 5 p.m., last call for food at 4 p.m.
- Starr Brothers: TBA
- Steel Bender: closed
- Thirsty Eye: closing at 6 p.m.
- The 377: closing at 6 p.m.
- Toltec: closing at 6 p.m.
- Tractor, all locations: closing at 5 p.m.
- Turquoise Trail: TBA
- Turtle Mountain: closed
As for the breweries we cover in Week Ahead in Beer outside the Albuquerque metro area, we have heard back from the majority about their hours. The rest we will update as they pop up in our inbox.
- Beer Creek: closed
- Chile Line: TBA
- Hidden Mountain: closing at 8 p.m.
- Rowley Farmhouse Ales: closing at 3 p.m., or at bar manager’s discretion
- Santa Fe Brewing, all locations: closing at 7:30 p.m.
- Second Street, all locations: closing at 8 p.m.
- Tumbleroot: closed
- Bathtub Row: closing at 5 p.m.
- Little Toad Creek: Silver City is closing at 11 p.m., Las Cruces closing at 10 p.m.
- Red River Brewing: Friday hours not posted, but open from 3 to 10 p.m. on Christmas, serving dinner ($25)
- Sierra Blanca: closed
- Truth or Consequences: (brewery) closing at 8 p.m.; (Las Cruces taproom) closing at 5 p.m.
We would like to add that RFA is throwing a Festivus party today (Thursday) starting with the special tapping of Darker Hedges at 3 p.m., a white elephant exchange at 6 p.m. ($25 max), and a burning of grievances thereafter. Ugly sweaters are encouraged.
Have a happy and safe Christmas weekend, everyone!