So in case you missed it, but judging by the sales sheet at Jubilation, you haven’t, Founders Brewing has arrived in Albuquerque and the fun has only just begun. This week alone we have beer for sale at Jubilation right now, beers on tap at Nob Hill Bar & Grill on Wednesday night, a special tasting/sampling at Jubilation on Friday, and a Founders beer dinner at Heimat House on Friday.
First up, the beer dinner! It costs $65 per person and you can buy in advance via this PayPal link. It takes place Friday starting at 6 p.m. The pairings are as follows:
- Starter: Toasted pumpernickel bread with a fig porter jam (All Day IPA)
- Baked brie with amber caramelized apples (Blushing Monk)
- Butternut squash bisque (Dirty Bastard Scotch-style Ale)
- IPA crab cakes (Centennial IPA)
- Goat cheese and Portabello-stuffed pork loin (Porter)
- Stout chocolate brownies with lemon IPA pudding (Breakfast Stout)
If that does not look deliciously decadent … well, you might want to have your palate checked. Pronto.
UPDATE: As it turns out, Heimat House already has three Founders beers on tap at their bar. Dirty Bastard, Centennial, and (drum roll) Breakfast Stout are available as of today (Tuesday)!
Then there is everything at Jubilation. They will have a free sampling of all the beers on Friday from 4 to 6 p.m. So what beers do they have for sale in bottles/cans/bombers?
- Blushing Monk in bombers
- Breakfast Stout four-packs
- Curmudgeon Old Ale four-packs
- Dirty Bastard Scotch-Style Ale six-packs
- Porter six-packs
- All Day IPA six-pack bottles and 15-pack cans
- Centennial IPA six-pack bottles and 12-pack cans
Of course, we understand that for those new to Founders, you might want to try ’em before you buy ’em, or perhaps you just love everything twice as much on draft as you do packaged. So as a reminder, Nob Hill Bar & Grill is having nine different Founders beers (including the only-on-tap Redankulous Red IPA, plus the otherwise as-yet-unavailable Imperial Stout and Backwoods Bastard). That kicks off at 6 p.m. Wednesday. If you need even more incentive, if you come to that tap takeover, you will get a ticket that lets you in an hour early for KBS Night the following week. Basically, you guarantee yourself a pour of KBS, which otherwise will not be available in New Mexico for some time.
The Crew will see you all Wednesday night. Until then, hurry over to get some Breakfast Stout at Jubilation before we drink it all up. We’re totally serious, we will wipe out their supply if it’s not gone already. Sorry/not sorry.