The good folks from Marble recently sent us their list of events for the upcoming ninth anniversary extravaganza, so of course we will share them with all of you. The good news is they did not go completely crazy and try to have nine days worth of events. It seems the eight-day marathon last year may have resulted in casualties among the staff, so they smartly capped this one at six days. Still, there is a lot packed in there.
Monday, April 17: Brew Club Appreciation Party
- Where: Downtown, inside the fermentation hall
- Time: 6-9 p.m.
- Cost: Free for Brew Club members
- Details: Members get an advance tasting of the anniversary beer, a maibock. There will be raffles, hors d’oevures from Savoy, and live music by The Gershom Brothers. The real highlight will be were Brew Club members are asked to submit a creative new brew style. The winner, selected by the Marble brewing staff, will then get to see his/her beer brewed at the Northeast Heights location.
Tuesday, April 18: CRAVE
- Where: Westside Taproom
- Time: 7-9 p.m.
- Cost: $60 per person ($55 for Brew Club members)
- Details: Good & Thorough Foods will provide the dishes for this third edition of CRAVE. There will be four courses paired with four special beers. Dinner will be served on the patio.
Wednesday, April 19: Anniversary Tap and Bottle Release
- Where: All locations
- Time: From open to close
- Details: Get your hands on the Maibock, on tap or in 22-ounce bottles to take home.
- Music: Whiskerman will perform downtown from 8-11 p.m.
Thursday, April 20: A Trip with The Mav—The Floozies live
- Where: El Rey Theater
- Time: 8-11 p.m.
- Tickets: Go to http://www.elreyabq.com
- Details: The Floozies will host a funky dance party.
- Plan B: The Big Spank performs downtown from 8-11 p.m.
Friday, April 21: From the Wood Release
- Where: All locations
- Time: Open to close
- Details: Similar to New Year’s Day, Marble will be releasing a different, unique beer in the From the Wood series at each of their three locations. Stay tuned for which beer will be at which taproom.
- Live music: Downtown—Burque Sol with Vibestrong, 8-11 p.m.; Heights—Isaac Aragon, 7-10 p.m.; Westside—The Bus Tapes, 8-11 p.m.
Saturday, April 22: Marble Market
- Where: Downtown
- Time: Noon-6 p.m.
- Details: Join multiple local artists, vendors, and more, including Metal The Brand, while Hi-Phy Records will be selling and providing the tunes.
- Bonus event: There will be an archived beer tapping at the Westside Taproom, all day
- Live music: Downtown—Blue Hornets with Balkan Dub Squad, 8-11 p.m.; Heights—The Big Naturals, 7-10 p.m.; Westside—Leftover Soul, 8-11 p.m.
There will also be a special Sunday show with Reviva! downtown on Sunday from 3 to 6 p.m. In addition, the next round of Marble Mouth-Off will be at the Heights location Sunday from 4 to 6 p.m.
If we get word of any additional fun events/beer tappings, or especially the identity of those From the Wood beers, we will share them immediately. Until then, start clearing your schedules for next week and properly preparing yourselves. Just don’t drink up all the Stout Americano, OK? Please? Pretty please?