The biggest event of ABQ Beer Week always falls during the first weekend. As always, we did our best to round up who is pouring what beers for the ABQ Blues & Brews this Sunday at Sandia Casino.
If you do not have a ticket yet, get one now, because it can sell out long before you get to the door. We highly recommend an early admission ticket, which gets you inside from 2-3 p.m., a nice hour in which you can take your time trying your top beer targets. General admission gets you in at 3 p.m., and the entire festival lasts until 6. It is unlimited sampling, but you cannot buy pints of your favorite (that is the trade-off).
As various delays have led to the 2018 event program not being posted online, we did our best to learn what each New Mexico brewery will be bringing. All told, there are more than 70 breweries, cideries, and distilleries represented. The Dukes of Ale will have their booth as well, and it is a must-visit to try some of the best homebrews in the state, plus you can vote for your favorite.
When other breweries update us with their lists, we will post them here. We can confirm that after initially committing to attending, Ponderosa has withdrawn.
- Bathtub Row: Hoppenheimer IPA, Mexican Lager, California Common, Hoppy Amber Lager, Oatmeal Stout
- Bosque: Bosque Lager, Bosque IPA, Scotia Scotch Ale, Elephants on Parade
- Broken Trail: Pepe the Mule
- Canteen: Laid Back Lager, Exodus IPA, Dougie Style Amber, Raspberry Wheat
- Duel: Duchamp (Sour Wit), Monomyth (DIPA), Titian (Golden Strong), Dark Ryder (Dark Strong), Grunewald (Imperial Porter)
- Enchanted Circle: Head’n Home Helles Lager, Summer Seasonal Lemon Shandy, Red River Red, Nice Day IPA, Barrel-Aged Belgian Quad
- Eske’s: Maibock, Czech Dark Lager, 575.org Pale Ale, Taos Green Chile Ale
- Hops: Hop Hill IPA, Chica (Extra Pale Ale), Dad Joke (Kentucky Common)
- Kilt Check: Wee Beastie Scottish Ale, Campbell Toe IPA, McRojo or No? Red Ale
- Lava Rock: Vanilla Nut Brown, 2220 Wheat IPA
- Marble: Cholo Stout, Double IPA, Double White, Imperial Red, Passionate Gose
- Nexus: TBA
- Quarter Celtic: Mor-Buck IPA, Pedro O’Flannigan’s Mexican Lager, Crimson Lass Irish Red, MacLomas Irish Dry Stout
- Rio Bravo: Level 3 DIPA, Blueberry Mint Gose, Imperial Kolsch, Blurred Lines NEIPA; cans of NM Pinon Coffee Porter, Snakebite IPA, Roadkill Red, La Luz Lager
- Santa Fe: Reluctant IPA, Segal SMASH (Pale Ale), Twisted Root, 7K IPA
- Sierra Blanca: Cherry Wheat, Elcitmos IPA, Alien Amber, Cranberry Sour; bottles of Green Chile Cerveza, Bone Chiller Brown, Desert Pilsner
- Steel Bender: Skull Bucket IPA, Red Iron Red, Steel Bender Lager, Raspberry Dynamite, Ingenio
- Tractor: New Mexican Lager, Mustachio Milk Stout, Farmer’s Tan Red Ale, Delicious Red Hard Apple Cider, Almanac IPA, seasonals TBA
- Tumbleroot: Citra Pale Ale, Maibock, Honey Hibiscus Wheat, Dortmunder
Your best bet to get to Sandia is via Lyft or Uber, or heck, just get a room and crash for the night. Only, try not to wipe out your life savings on blackjack after the festival.