The second annual Brewers & Distillers Cup will kick off this Saturday at 10 a.m. at Balloon Fiesta Park. This event once again combines a soccer tournament, featuring teams representing local breweries and distilleries, with an outdoor beer festival.
Tickets are $20 and are still available online. A ticket gets you eight sample pours from the participating breweries and distilleries, plus a full pour of your favorite drink.
The event runs until 4 p.m. and will also feature food trucks, a vendor marketplace, lawn games, a kids zone, and it all benefits The Somos Unidos Foundation.
We reached out to the 11 participating breweries for their beer lists, and these were the responses. Remember, all lists are subject to change depending on beer availability. Sometimes the keg they thought would be there for Saturday was tapped earlier this week.
- Brew Lab 101: Sexi NuMexi Mexican Lager, Walter Wit, Wicked Pissah Hazy IPA, Peachy Keen Cider
- Canteen: High Plains Pils, Boysenberry Lime Wheat, Trail Angel Pale, Heady Fog Hazy IPA
- Downshift: Scooby Snacks Dank IPA, Irish Currency (Irish dry stout on nitro), Helles, Gratitude Session Hazy IPA, Hop Water (NA)
- Gravity Bound: TBA
- JUNO: Mums Pilsner, Vienna Lager, New Hope IPA, Juicebox Hazy IPA
- Late Shift: Helles Lager, Wit
- Palmer: TBA
- Red River: TBA
- Sidetrack: Basecamp IPA, MX Lager, A Tribe Called Kolsch, Pub Ale
- Thirsty Eye: El Drac IPA, Citrus Buzz, Odin’s Eye, El Ojo Rojo
- Vision City: Mexican Lager, Doppelbock, Strawberry Daiquiri
Non-breweries participating will include:
- Hollow Spirits
- Leaf & Hive
- Left Turn Distilling
- Nikle Spirits
- One Distillery
- Sandia Hard Cider
Hollow Spirits won the tournament last year, so let us see if anyone can take the crown from Frank Holloway’s head this year.
Run off the beaten path to SFBC
One notable event that we missed in The Week Ahead in Beer was the second annual Spring Runoff, also set for this Saturday at Santa Fe Brewing’s headquarters.
The event is designed to celebrate the dawn of the spring/summer outdoor season. It all kicks off at noon with multiple outdoor-themed events: mini golf, climbing wall, axe throwing, youth archery, youth skate clinic (early, at 11 a.m.), fly fishing demos (1/2:30/4).
There will be food trucks, local vendors, and raffles. And, this being SFBC, there will be a big music lineup throughout the day and into the evening.
The Beer Hall lineup:
- The Little Tulips, 12:30 p.m.
- Rock Bottom, 2 p.m.
- 3:30 The Ordinary Things, 3:30 p.m.
- 5 Half Pint & The Growlers, 5 p.m.
The Bridge lineup:
- Zay Santos, 1 p.m.
- Danny T & The Stealing Thunder Band, 2:30 p.m.
- The Boomroots Collective, 4 p.m.
- Silver Sky Blues Band, 5:30 p.m.
- DJ Dynamite Sol, 7 p.m.
Throw in the Marble 15th anniversary party, and this has the potential to be one truly epic weekend. Just remember to play it safe out there, and we don’t just mean packing the sunscreen.
Keep supporting local!