The annual series of events in Santa Fe that celebrate bicycling and craft beer — as if you could not tell by the name — get underway today (Thursday). There is not too much going on today before the festival really kicks into high gear Friday and Saturday. We are in the process of compiling the beer lists for the main festivals, plus Julie will be popping in and out of events to provide us with all the information that she can find. For the most part we are focusing on the events involving beer; check the website above for the cycling-centered events.
Tonight will feature six separate beer dinners or tap takeovers to get things started. First up, over at Blue Corn’s main brewery, Thursday at the Brewer’s Table presents A Taste of New Mexico at 6 p.m. Just $30 gets you five small plates paired with some of Blue Corn’s finest beers:
- Cask Conditioned Amber Ale with Cinnamon, paired with local short rib tostada with minced cabbage slaw, Tucumcari Asadero cheese, and fried avocado
- Bret Cherry Ale, paired with grilled bruscetta with roasted local tomatoes & chile, Old Windmill cheese curds, and fresh oregano
- Continually Hopped IPA, paired with pork asada taco with local pork, refried beans, Salsa Diablo, and Chicharron
- Belgain Style Quadurple, paired with Lamb “Matanza,” adobe clay-roasted local lamb with red chile posole, local beans, and Crema
- Barleywine 2016, paired with dessert sampler — Pecan & Honey Natilla, Biscochito, and Sopapilla
There will be a Sierra Nevada Tap Takeover and Beer Dinner at Cowgirl, but no further information was available. Contact the restaurant at (505) 982-2565.
Bosque will take over the taps at Fire & Hops tonight. Just For Fun Imperial Black IPA, American Wheat, and 3 Hour Scotch Ale will be among the beers poured at this event. There will be food specials and a special logo glass will be available for purchase.
Bosque will also be at the Four Seasons Hotel and Resort for a special beer dinner tonight. Call (505) 946-5800 for more information and/or to make reservations, which are required.
The Loyal Hound will have a four-course beer dinner featuring selections from Favorite Brands. They do not list the exact pairings. It costs $49 per person and reservations are required for this 6:30 p.m. event. Call (505) 471-0440.
The Santa Fe School of Cooking is teaming up with Odell Brewing tonight. No further information was made available. Call (505) 983-4511.
You can also check out a couple of mountain bike movies at the Jean Cocteau Cinema tonight at 6:45 p.m. for just $10. From there, it’s not too long of a walk to the Second Street Railyard location. (Just a suggestion.)
We will have more on Friday’s big events on, well, Friday!
Happy kickoff night, Santa Fe. Enjoy yourselves this weekend.