The 3rd Annual New Mexico Food Truck & Craft Beer Festival returns this Saturday with 20 local and regional craft breweries providing their beers at Balloon Fiesta Park. The event kicks off at noon and runs until 6 p.m. It will feature some 25 local food trucks. The cost is $5 online and $10 at the gate.
Tickets to buy beer will be sold for $6 apiece at the festival, or attendees can purchase a four-pack of beer tickets for $20. They can also purchase a general admission ticket with three beer tickets online for $18.50.
More information on the trucks and the like can be found via the event’s Facebook page or at the website linked above. Since we are a beer website, the most important information we can provide for all of you is the list of attending breweries and the beers that will be served. There are seven New Mexico breweries/cideries represented.
- Abbey Brewing: Monks’ Ale, Monks’ Dark, Monks’ Tripel
- Avery Brewing: Ellie’s Brown, Liliko’i Kepolo, White Rascal
- Ballast Point: Longfin Lager, Mango Even Keel, Sculpin IPA
- Breckenridge Brewing: Nitro Vanilla Porter, Dry Irish Stout, Mango Pale Ale
- Dogfish Head: SeaQuench Ale, Flesh & Blood IPA, 60 Minute IPA
- Great Divide Brewing: Colette Farmhouse Ale, Yeti Imperial Stout, Titan IPA
- Green Flash/Alpine: Pure Hoppiness DIPA, Tangerine Soul Style IPA, Passion Fruit Kicker
- Guns and Oil: Wild Bill (Wheat Bock), American Lager
- Lagunitas Brewing: IPA, 12th of Never Ale, Hop Stoopid DIPA
- Nuevo Brewing: Nuevo, Bloody Maria
- Pecan Brewing: Hoppin Wheat, Pecan Beer
- Rio Bravo: Roadkill Red, New Mexico Pinon Coffee Porter, Snakebite IPA
- Sandia Cidery: Apple, Watermelon, Cherry
- Santa Fe Brewing: Happy Camper IPA, Freestyle Pils, Pale Ale
- SanTan Brewing: Mr. Pineapple, Devils Ale, Sex Panther Chocolate Porter
- Sierra Blanca Brewing: Cherry Wheat, Alien Amber, Outlaw Lager
- Sierra Nevada: Pale Ale, Sidecar, Torpedo IPA
- Ska Brewing: Modus Mandarina, Mexican Logger, Pinstripe Red
- Upslope: Citra Pale Ale, Craft Lager, Guava
- Wasatch/Squatters: Hop Rising IPA, Ghost Rider White IPA, Off Duty IPA
In addition to all of that, Food Truck Festivals of America is offering up a special giveaway to Brew Crew readers for a four-pack of tickets and $40 in truck bucks. Rather than just pick one of you, we would like to test your beer knowledge. The first person to correctly answer the following question will get the tickets (your name will be at will call).
Q: Which New Mexico brewery has won the most medals (gold, silver, and bronze) at the Great American Beer Festival? (As a tiebreaker, give us the exact number.)
Email your answer to email@example.com.
UPDATE: We have a winner already! It took just 10 minutes from the time this story was posted for someone to correctly guess Canteen/Il Vicino, which is the current leader with 12 medals. Thanks to all who participated!
Have fun at the fest!