The second round of the NM IPA Challenge went down at Pecan Grill and Brewery on Wednesday night in Las Cruces and it featured a few surprises. First-round leader Marble scored just three votes after racking up 38 in Santa Fe last Saturday and now drops to third place. Everyone that was shocked at La Cumbre garnering just four votes in round one will further be floored after they got zero votes in Las Cruces.
So who is in first place? That would be Blue Corn, which led all breweries in Las Cruces with 22 votes for 48 total. Bosque added 16 to push their total to 42 and move one vote ahead of Marble for second place overall. Here are the standings with both rounds added together; Santa Fe is listed first and Las Cruces second in parentheses.
- Blue Corn 48 votes (26 + 22)
- Bosque 42 votes (26 + 16)
- Marble 41 votes (38 + 3)
- Canteen 25 votes (18 + 7)
- Back Alley 21 votes (9 + 12)
- Second Street 19 votes (15 + 4)
- Chama River 14 votes (13 + 1)
- Three Rivers 14 votes (10 + 4)
- Boxing Bear 13 votes (12 + 1)
- Spotted Dog 11 votes (8 + 3)
- Ponderosa 8 votes (7 + 1)
- Turtle Mountain 5 votes (0 + 5)
- La Cumbre 4 votes (4 + 0)
- Taos Mesa 2 votes (1 + 1)
- Pi 1 vote (1 + 0)
The third and final round will be held at Boxing Bear this Saturday from noon to 5:30 p.m. The Crew will be there to cover it all, and of course make our own choices. It should be quite the battle to see who takes the crown in 2015.